The Heel Pain Center of Excellence offers state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment options.
Certified Foot Care is a specialist in relieving and successfully treating heel pain. If you live in Larch
mont, New Rochelle, Mamaroneck, Scarsdale, Pelham/Pelham Manor, Harrison, Eastchester, Hartsdale, and Westchester County, please call us at (914) 834-0111. Heel pain affects your every day lifestyle and can carry unintneded physiological consequences. Address and treat your heel pain immediately.
Diagnosing Heel Pain
1. Computerized Radiography (X-ray) : allows for digital transfer and enhancement of images.
2. Diagnostic Ultrasound: Ultrasound is a safe and effective way to examine the musculoskeletal system of the foot and ankle. We can detect problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints and soft tissue both with static and dynamic imaging techniques without the need for any radiation exposure.
3. Same day MRI can be arranged if necessary.
Heel Pain Treatment
- Ultrasound Guided Injections: utilizing high resolution dynamic ultrasound, Dr. Rubin is able to guide medication directly and precisely to the site of injury.
- High Power Laser Therapy (class IV): please click on the "Laser Therapy" tab for additional information.
- ESWT utilizing the D-Actor 200: The Stortz D-Actor 200 shockwave device utilizes innovative technology t heal injuries such as Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendinitis and Posterior Tibial Tendonitis. Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Treatment (EPAT), releases high intensity acoustic pressure waves into the damaged/injured tissue. These waves consist of pneumaticaly generated pressure-pulses that spread through the tissue like three-diminesional accousitic waves. This improves blood supply and increases cell proliferation and tissue regeneration which repairs tendon and muscle tissue. Dr. Rubin has been performing ESWT since 2004.
- Custom Foot Orthotics: if necessary, custom foot orthoses can be fabricated in 7 days due to a special arrangement Certified Foot Care has with the top orthotic labs.